Home » » Awesome tunage

Awesome tunage

My dear friend Emma inspires me in so many ways. She was part of the reason I even started this blog. And so here's another idea I'm stealing/borrowing from her: music infliction. :)
If I were to do it exactly how Emma does, then every month on the 8th day, I would make a list of ten of my most recently acquired, favorite jams. I'm not sure yet if it will be a monthly occurrence, or just sporadic. But as for right now, here's a list of my ten favorite songs.

1. Am I The Only One (Who's Ever Felt This Way?) -- Dixie Chicks


There is no good reason I should have to be so alone.
I'm smothered by this emptiness, Lord I wish I was made of stone.
Like a fool, I led my soul to love, and it paid me back in change.
God help me, am I the only one who's ever felt this way?


2. Into Yesterday -- Sugar Ray




Like the ocean needs the moon to take the tides away,
All we need's a little time to chase the blues away.
Sun is out and it feels like it's always gonna stay.
Let this last forever. Turn tomorrow into yesterday.


3. Land of A Million Drums -- OutKast




In the land of a million drums
There is always something going on, on...
If you can't locate your thought off
Might as well go on take your dead home, home...


4. Letterbomb -- Green Day


It's not over til you're underground
It's not over before it's too late
The city's burning
It's not my burden
It's not over before it's too late


5. The Big Bang -- Rock Mafia


The big big bang
The reason I'm alive
When all the stars collide
In this universe inside


6. Teenagers -- Hayley Williams


 Well how was I to know
That what we carved in stone
Would be so temporary?
Why must we all make sense
Of what just won't make sense?
For once, I'm just gonna live.



7. Speechless -- Lady GaGa


I can't believe what you said to me
Last night, we were alone.
You threw your hands up.
Baby, you gave up, you gave up.


8. Merry Happy -- Kate Nash


Dancin' at disco's, eatin' cheese on toast
Yeah you make me merry, make me
Very very happy but
You obviously, you didn't wanna stick around,
So I learnt from you.

9. Howlin' For You -- The Black Keys


Mockingbird
Can't you see?
Little girl's got a hold on me like glue
Baby, I'm howlin' for you


10. All I Wanted -- Paramore


I could follow you to the beginning
Just to relive the start
And maybe then we'd remember to slow down
At all of our favorite parts.
All I wanted was you.