Home » » The ultimate screw-over

The ultimate screw-over

I'm sure there are many things in the world that screw people over on a much grander scale than I am being screwed over, but in all honesty, right now I find it unbelievable that people haven't caught onto this already.


EARBUDS.

Ladies and gentlemen, I cannot even begin to describe to you the irritation that I feel towards the headphone/earbud industry. I've always been careful never to spend more that $20 on a pair of earbuds. However, it really doesn't make a difference because in the past 2 1/2 years, I have probably spent over $200 and gone through about 17 pairs of earbuds. Those little suckers have never lasted more that 3 months before the cord snaps, or one or both sides blow out. It is AGGRAVATING AS ALL HECK.

Can you guess why I'm whining about this right now? It might have something to do with the fact that my current pair (cute little SkullCandy buds in the Jamaican National Colors) just busted themselves this afternoon.

However, when I graduated last summer, I received a beautiful pair of huge, shiny Bowers & Wilkins headphones as a gift.


Hello, there, beautiful.

These bad larry's have not even wavered in their functionality. Unfortunately, I can't wear them when working out. 1 - I would look like a fool. 2 - They would get all sweaty, and moisture is deadly to almost everything electronic. 3 - They would fall off easily anyway, so there's really no point.

Guess I'm stuck in this vicious cycle forever. (Or until they start making quality buds at affordable prices... who am I kidding??? That'll never happen.)