Home » » Sing us a song you're the off-pitch man

Sing us a song you're the off-pitch man

Okay.
I feel really awful.
I literally CAN'T not laugh at someone singing off pitch. Not because I'm trying to be rude. I actually don't even know why I laugh. It's almost involuntary. I guess I just think it's funny that the person isn't singing right. It's like when someone who is actually a good singer sings horribly to be funny. I s'pose I just think that the person is trying to be funny... So I laugh.

I was practicing playing and singing a song for a soon-arriving audition for my school choir, and I wanted my mom to sing with me as a way to show my friendship toward her and because I know she likes the song. I couldn't do it. I was close to peeing in my pants I was laughing so hard. And all she sang was the first two lines. I felt so bad. I told her we'd start over and I wouldn't laugh. Didn't happen. I mean, the starting over did. The not laughing didn't.

I just don't know why I can't do it.
It's not like I'm necessarily on pitch all the time. It's not like I'm anywhere close to being a talented singer. I guess it's just something in my ear. Just something I can just... Hear. I can't explain it.

Whattheheckman.
I once had a piano teacher who told me I had perfect pitch. Although, I personally think he was overstepping. CLOSE to perfect pitch, maybe.
I wish I had perfect pitch. That would be awesome. But I'd probably laugh at off-pitch people even more. THAT wouldn't be so awesome.