Home » » Distractions, distractions...

Distractions, distractions...

Last night I sat down to complete my French homework. I'll admit I'm in a lower level of French than I really need to be, so this homework wasn't gonna take me very long at all. However, it ended up taking me a solid 2 hours to get that sucker done.

Why, you ask? Well, it might have had something to do with the fact that half the time I was jamming out to MIMS. But it also probably had something to do with a midnight run to WalMart with my besties Holly and Ashley (the latter is also my roomie). We were on the hunt for some hair dye. Good ole' Ash wanted a change. Her color of choice: dark burgundy. Once we got back, Holly got to work.


Ashley with her dyed hair. She's holding an
apple beer, in case you're wondering.


I always knew Holly was a criminal.
I just thought she'd be a little more coy about it.

Then of course, we all (Ash, Holly, Lieran and I) had to relocate to the laundry room in the basement so Holly could rinse Ashley's purple head in the industrial-sized sink. As if the dying wasn't enough of a distraction...


Rinsing... and rinsing.... and never-ending rinsing...


Then Lieran had to climb into the dryer.


I think Ashley was rethinking her decision right then.


And of course, the night would not be complete without Holly
venturing into/getting stuck in the washer.

So that turned an easy-peasy French assignment into a real burden. And it doesn't end there.

Here's another less-than-exciting, yet still important tidbit about me: I'm a sucker for a good novel. And so for the past year or so, I've wanted so badly to read the book entitled The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. On aforementioned trip to WalMart, I picked up my own copy.

For you cave-dwellers that haven't heard of this magnificent book,  here's the synopsis from the back cover:

"In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.
Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before -- and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love."

Now, if that doesn't make you shiver with excitement, your nerves must be dead. Honestly, it's such a gruesome and frightening story, but it's so intense and riveting that I really might die if I don't finish this book tonight.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of work to do. And so I've told my dear sweet grape-headed roomie to hide this amazing book from me until all of my work is done. *sad face* And so all the time I've spent on this post has kept me from actually working and getting my precious book back. Thanks.