1. What can I say, I'm an alcoholic. It's what I do.
2. I love to get into a landscape and paint my horses.
3. Amazing, the poisons I used to put in my body. I used to love it.
4. In my family, they were all big boozers.
5. All my life there's always been an ex-wife or a girlfriend.
6. They say you can smoke 400 cigs a day and drink 20 cups of coffee, but you can't have a line or a drink again.
7. I always want to rock.
8. This is what I'm looking forward to: brush in hand, whatever I'm painting in my sights, maybe a cigarette on the go, and sunshine, lots of sunshine.
9. Charlie doesn't touch anything now, and Mick will only have a glass of wine on a night off. But then it's easier for them; alcohol is in my genes.
10. Mick says: "Would you join the band?" I say to him: "Mick, you know I'd be there in a New York minute."
11. I heard this massive thud. I spun around, and there Keith was, on the ground. He'd cut his gums up on impact, he was very bloody, and clutching his head. I think it was a kind of wake-up call for him.
12. All my family back to the 1700s were water Gypsies. My brothers and me, we were the first ones to be born on dry land. All the rest of them were born on barges in the canals.
13. My dad lived till he was 78, my mum was in her 80s, and I've got two uncles who are in their 90s now.
14. Mick will kill me for saying this, but we had a cut-off point a week ago when anyone could say they didn't want to start up the band again.
15. The only exercise Keith does is lifting the bottle to the mouth.
16. We got touring with the Stones, and people were trying to keep up with Keith. He's like a human machine with a constitution of iron, and they all thought they could do the same.
17. You don't make solo albums to have hits.
18. During the Eighties, when I was hurting for money, I thought: "Hang on a minute - I can paint." I was living in New York and I thought it would get the grocery money coming in, and it escalated from there.
19. I have been rich, and I have been broke. Some of it is my fault for choosing bad management and making bad investments. But that is life - we all take risks.
20. We're at our best when Keith and Mick (are/aren't) getting along…As songwriters, they seem to be at their most creative when there's (harmony/tension). Go figure!
21. My real self is probably more creative and more frightening than any sort of drink or drug-induced state.
22. I just think my body can't handle it any more. I did try a little drink a while back, and I was actually physically ill. I went into an immediate depression, and felt awful, just dreadful. So that's it. I'm over it now.
23. I can't be left unsupervised.
24. I am a big fan of the Impressionists, and in my school days, I was inspired by Caravaggio, Velazquez and Rembrandt.
25. Maybe Mick's a bit happier now he's been knighted.
26. People often get the wrong impression of Mick. The clever businessman is just one side of Mick. The other side is the same as the rest of us, a true rocker!
27. I like it when journalists are nice to me, and it's happening more and more.
28. When I'm left on my own I'm my own worst enemy.
29. I love to go to Ireland just to relax.
30. I find it hard to get old and hard to say: "No."
31. The last show we played, I was straight as a die. It did feel weird not to be hiding behind alcohol or dope, but being focused was... good.
32. I go off into Dublin and two days later I'm spotted walking by the Liffey with a whole bunch of new friends.
33. There's a basic rule which runs through all kinds of music, kind of an unwritten rule. I don't know what it is. But I've got it.
34. I'm a Gemini, so I have a great time with the other guy.
35. All of us can't wait to get out there whatever way.
36. I'm terrible with money, absolutely awful. I'm always losing it.
37. We're great, Jo and me. We're pals, and I guess sex has a lot to do with it. She's also brilliant at clearing a room. So protective, so devoted. I can't believe how much she loves me.
38. I've got an article where my mum says that I used to run home from school to watch the Stones on TV. Right from when I was at college I wanted to be in that band.
39. With every gig we have to prove ourselves better than the night before.
40. It's taken folk a while to come around, hasn't it? Even the boys in the band weren't too sure about the whole art thing. They just wanted me to concentrate on the music. But they respect it now.
41. When I first saw Jo, I said boom, that was it, because I'm a one-woman man.
42. Jo left me a few months ago for 10 days. I get this note: I'll come back when the real Ronnie comes back.
43. I had a fiery affair with George Harrison's wife, Pattie Boyd.
44. Having loved the Stones all the time I was growing up, I wasn't about to see them go and split up. It got very close to it in the 80s, when Mick thought that Keith hated him and vice versa.
45. Let's face it: I paint well. I know it, you know it. There's no arguing really, is there?
46. When I first started all this, it was mostly music fans that came along, Stones fans. But now, I'm being taken seriously. I've got highfalutin' art collectors and everything!
47. Mick has expressed an interest in coming to the gallery tonight because he's seen me behaving myself lately. He is being much more supportive, which is nice.
48. I have a life coach out with me on tour, a very nice guy from L.A. He just prepares me for each day.